Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heather's crazy ideas

So I've been tossing around this idea for like months on end. It has literally been an uphill battle to stay motivated to keep working out and getting back into shape. So I had this brilliant idea! Crazy, but brilliant! Let's make Heather do a triathalon! YAY! Yup. Okay, maybe not a full out triathalon, but I decided to do a MINI triathalon they are putting on in July through the rec center. It's a 500 yard swim, a 13 mile bike ride, and a 5K run. Yup. That'll keep me motivated. I've been going back and forth on the idea of participating in it, and despite my lovely last three weeks of terrible workouts, I've decided to go for it anyway. So here's to hoping I can make it through! I know I can do the run, because I've been running like crazy for months. I've been training to get through the swim, (been about 4 times and done the swim), and even though I look like a giant whale that is flubbering through the water--yup I'm a goober, I can't put my head under the water when I swim, I can swim the entire 500 yards (10 back and forth laps) only stopping once to catch my breath! YAY! SO that only leaves the bike. Ugh. I stink at biking. Really really stink! ARgh! But I managed to do a 6 mile bike yesterday, and felt like I could have done a few more miles. So maybe I'll be ready soon. I'm gonna push and push for these next 3 weeks and maybe I'll be just "crazy" enough to make it through the whole thing. That's the goal, make it through the whole thing. Not by any means win it or even get an awesome time, just to finish it! Yep! So wish me luck. Here's to crazy!

2 comments:

The Lennons said...

You go girl! I would never have the motivation to do something like that! What an inspiration you are! Good luck!!!!

Evelyn said...

Wow! You are my hero! Amzing!!! You can do it!