Beardall Family 2012
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Bye-bye soccer!
It came and went. It had numerous cancelations and interesting games in the freezing cold and wind. Soccer is officially over! In a way, I'm SOOOOOOOO GLAD! Simply because the sheer schedule of the whole thing was starting to be just too much. But at the same time I am SOOOO sad! I'm no longer coach. Sigh. Oh well. We ended the season with a doubleheader, and man were those kiddos tired! Wore them out. But I did have fun putting together a little award for them all to take home. Wanna see? Here you go!
I thought they were way cute. I love my cricut.... The kiddos on my team gave me a hug and all the parents thanked me for coaching and all that. All in all, it was a very satisfying opportunity.
One little girl on my team summed it up perfectly. She gave me a big hug and then went back over to her parents, tears flowing down her cheeks. And so I asked if she was okay. And her dad looked over and told me that she didn't realize the season was all over. She was happy about getting to play and sad it was ending. My thoughts EXACTLY! I'd love to coach again next year, but we'll have to see where everything is at next year. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment