Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me...

Why is it that I do better when I'm busy? I thrive under pressure, I do better with things at the last minute. I get more done when I have too much to do. And if I am scheduled to the hilt, you better believe I'm flying. It's great. I get SOOOOOO bored and unmotivated when I have a slow schedule or just "a few things" to do. Or just my normal routine stuff and nothing more. Don't get me wrong, my "normal routine" can fill my day. Sometimes overfill it. But when I NEED to get stuff done I make the time and I am superspeed mama. It's seriously like a high. The thrill of a challenge maybe? Something like that. The problem? I'm a 90%er. All the way. Yup. I have SUCH a hard time going that final 10% on like EVERYTHING! I give 110%. But for the most part I am truly a 90%er. And in every undertaking I have, I seem to just miss something or not quite get everything just the way I envisioned it or wanted it to be. Kind of like this post... I'm eyeing it, going back through and wondering if my writing actually makes sense or not. Sheesh. It may be possible that I'm just so much of a perfectionist that I see 100% as 90%. But I'm pretty sure it's still really 90% sometimes. Take for example my house projects. Right now, currently, as in at this very moment, there are projects in my house that were done that are "finished" that aren't technically finished. Case in point: The trim in my living room. If you look closely, you'll notice there are gaps around the edges of my floor in places. This is because I have not "finished" that project by putting in the shoe molding all around. I have the molding. It is sitting in my garage. I have the stain that goes with it. I even have the nail gun that will hold it in place. I just haven't done it yet. I have 2 cabinets in my kitchen that are not painted like the rest. Granted they are the newer cabinets that I added to the kitchen, but nevertheless they are not painted yet. Yup. And they've been like that for A WHILE... I know. Pathetic right? I bought the concrete paint for the bottom foundation of the house so it will complete our awesome paint job we did last year. It's sitting in the garage just waiting for me to come out and get it going. If the weather would ever warm up. Excuses, excuses, I know! Seriously, it's an addiction. Sigh. I could make a list 10 feet long of things that need "tweaked" or "completely done" or "redone". It's not that I don't WANT to do it. I WANT to finish these projects. I just can't seem to FINISH them. Grr... Part of my problem is that I have to have my house in fairly good order to even THINK about starting on or finishing a project. So of course that doesn't happen a lot right there! But I'm not sure if it's a time thing, a motivation thing, or just a plain lazy thing. Probably the latter. Darn it.

No comments: