Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Workout Update

So I thought I should update my whole "goal" status. It has been an interesting couple of weeks. I'm a little annoyed because I haven't lost any weight for about 3 weeks now. I hit my 12 pound mark and then just flattened out on the scale. No gain or anything, but no loss either, so I'm frustrated. But it's mainly because this stagnant state has been brought on by my stupid leg. I finally hit 1.6 miles on the track nonstop running and was psyched. I felt wonderful and excited I had pushed myself that much. But the next day my leg absolutely killed. I've had shin splints before and know what those are like (and still get them) and my leg had been hurting a bit practically the whole time I've been doing my running routine, and I figured it was just sore muscles or something. But after my amazing run my leg was not doing well. I finally decided to go into the doctor because everyone including myself had a suspicion I may have stress fractured it. I was convinced it was not shin splints because of the location of it and how entirely painful it was. So I went in, fully expecting the doctor to tell me I had a stress fracture and after two xrays and an exam later, the diagnosis: SHIN SPLINTS. I was furious. I have run once since that appointment and my leg is still annoyingly painful. So I have been resigned to spending 40 minutes on the eliptical instead 4 days a week. Which is still a workout, but not doing a thing for my weight. Running was helping me lose it! ARGH! So I'm annoyed at my leg and trying to push through this. Yup. I would really love to go and swim or do something else that will give me a good workout without the stress on my leg, but our pool is closed until june for "resurfacing". :( I am, however, sticking to my routine, at least going and working out, just not pushing as hard and all. And I suppose I should just be grateful I'm not gaining, that I'm maintaining, but I'm hoping to be back in the running saddle again soon!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Oh Heather! I am so sorry! I feel your frustration! I've had some of the same struggles. Way to go for not giving up though!!! Keep it up mama!!