Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Okay, seriously? It's been 2 years!!!?!?

I mean, really? Are you kidding me? Wait, a minute, yep. It has to be! I'm looking at my two year old fast asleep on the floor. I suppose it could be true then. It has been two years since I saw my brother Ray! He's coming home TOMORROW! Yay! The last time we saw him we sent him off to Florida on his mission. He got to see his new nephew Jarom when he was just 3 weeks old! So off he went! We got some fun pictures, a letter here and there, and every week my dad forwarded his emails to us. We've kept in contact honestly probably a little better since he left! I hear every week how he's doing and get to tune him in to us as well. I think I'll miss that a little! Although I'm sure we will still email and visit and everything, it's just so strange. Has it really been two years already? The mere definition of "home" has changed as well. No one lives at home with my dad anymore! They've all left. And my dad is moving to Utah now. So utterly strange to think that there won't really be a "gathering" spot in Poky anymore. It'll be harder to get everyone together because we're all spread out now. It has been a particularly crazy last three years for our family. Three years ago my brothers were still in high school and my sisters were just chillin' and working and testing out college. My mom was very sick with her cancer and so was Ryan's dad. I was married with 2 kids just trying to make ends meet! It is amazing how time flies and drags both at the same time. It has been such an incredibly sad and also exciting and happy time all at once. Although both Ryan's dad and my mother both passed away, my brother left for a mission, and my two sisters have both been married in the temple. It really is a testament to me that even though hard times come, that faith and perseverance pay off. It also shows me that the wonderful example of my mother has left a lasting impact on her children. We're very proud of Ray for serving his mission and so excited to see him. And we're excited for Jarom to get to know his uncle.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Wow! So much can happen is so little time! What a great way to sum it up!