Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can I have a little change please?

I think I need to rename August. Seriously. Why don't they instead call it "New-gust"? Everything starts over new, and on my internal calendar (you know how in your head you see the months of the year on like this eliptical looking 3-d game board--hmmm, maybe just me), that really, the beginning of the year should logistically be August, and the week should start with Monday, not Sunday? Maybe it's just me, but that's totally how I'm seeing it this year. And August has been ALL ABOUT change, and starting new! I just got a new haircut, a new calling in church, and I'm starting a new exercise class at the rec center-spin class! School starts soon and my kiddos will be in new classes and it will be all new to me to just have Jarom at home this year. My baby boy Blake is going to be in Kindergarten this year! Our neighbor is putting up a big privacy fence along the whole back side of our property this year, way nice, just hassle getting it there, but hey! It's a privacy fence! YAY! And it's new! And.... we've finally decided that it might just be time... to start trying for another baby. Everything else is changing, let's just throw that in too! JK! We have been tossing around the idea for some time now and we've decided that it is time. My baby is almost two now. Yup, but seriously we're excited, and I'm just hoping that all these new changes that are going on will bring about good things. I'm excited for my new calling. They have put me in as the Enrichment Leader for RS, so I get to plan all the main homemaking meetings for the year. I'm way excited to be in there and getting to be in RS again, but I am quite sad to be leaving primary. I have been in there nearly 4 years now, and although I knew that at some point change WOULD come, I still wasn't expecting it so soon! But they have already put me to work with my new calling and I still have primary things to finish! So I'm working 2 jobs at the moment! I'm excited to pass it on to the new primary president. She will do a great job, and she's a wonderful friend, so I have no qualms about passing the torch. I do feel a tad disappointed that I didn't get to do everything I wanted to while I was in primary, and I think you always feel like you could have done more, but I am proud of my time in there and what I was able to accomplish while I was there. And talk about a big load of stress off my shoulders. I've always heard that the only thing that is constant is change. Which I totally believe! So in lieu of that, here's to change!

No comments: