Beardall Family 2012
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Blessed
I've been thinking a lot the last couple of weeks about how truly blessed I have been in my life. One of my friends just had a new little baby this last week. He was super early, because her water broke at 30 weeks. She spent 2 weeks in the hospital 75 miles from home before they induced her and she had the baby. Her little baby boy will have to be in the NICU for several weeks since he was born so early. My friend has been so positive and easy going about the whole situation that I am very humbled. What a trooper! She had to spend two weeks in that hospital, bored out of her mind, not always having someone with her and wondering whether her baby was going to be okay. But of course every time I think about this particular girl, I never picture her without a smile or a laugh. She is always upbeat and positive and really just counts her blessings all the time. *I* only wish I were the same way. I really feel like I am such a "negative nellie" a lot of the time. I literally have to try and see the positive in things because I can take the negative and dwell on it so badly. I REALLY, REALLY, have been super blessed in my life. I have an awesome husband, three beautiful children, a house, a car and a truck, and a good stable job (Ryan) that keeps our lives stable. I suppose you might say that I don't recognize that being "stable" is a blessing. I really, frankly DO recognize that, but I'm always wanting more, or focusing on the things that aren't working, rather than those things that are. So, I'm trying to fix that. Does anyone else find this a hard thing to balance? On the one hand I should be satisfied with things, but on the other I should be wanting more because I push myself to do more that way. I suppose I find it hard to find the right place to draw the line. Honestly, I should probably just try and focus on just being happy with what I have and where I'm at. My overachiever self just can't let me. Grr... I'm pretty sure that's where that saying "Nobody's perfect" comes in. And I think that through this journey through life, I'll keep learning and find that balance somehow. Just the rambling thoughts of Heather today, sorry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment