Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Join the "Real Moms" Club!

So my friends Jeigh and Evelyn started this revolution, and I've decided to join! So here goes. The goal is to make my blog a little more "real". So instead of the overview of all the nice good pictures and all the fun stuff going on in our lives and only posting what I *think* people should see on my blog, I'm gonna "keep it real"! Here's my top ten "real mom moments" that I wouldn't admit to on a daily basis, but nonetheless are true mommyhood things in the Beardall household! Ready to be realistic? Here goes!
1. My 19 (soon to be 20) month old little boy still has his bottle. Yup. Ugh. That is horrible to admit, but totally true. Although in my defense we nipped the binky habit early, and he only drinks his milk from his bottle, and everything else with a sippy. On the other hand however, I think I just have been too lazy with actively getting rid of it! It's hard admitting your kids are growing up!
2. I only get up and get dressed, fully showered, hair and makeup about 4 days a week! The other days I DO get a shower at some point in the day though it may not be until 7 at night. Admitedly those 4 days I do actually get all ready are sunday and the three days Blake has preschool! To actually keep even that schedule is sometimes way exhausting.
3. I regularly drop off my daughter to elementary school in my pajamas and glasses. See number 2 on this list in case you're confused. I'm sure she'll hit that point soon when she'll be embarrassed by that. Argh. I bet my primary kids at her school don't claim me either! Oh well.
4. My kids have spent a day or two totally vegging in front of the tv in their pjs. As a mama you just have to spend all day long on other things sometimes!
5. I clean my house constantly. It drives me insane to have a cluttery messy house. And even if I clean the rest of the house awesome, the playroom usually looks like this! And even when I do clean my house, it is wrecked again within a few hours. I do clean more when I know someone is coming over, and try very hard to keep my messy house from showing. But it is a mess quite constantly, because guess what--I HAVE KIDS! and they LIVE HERE!
6. I don't like to cook dinner. Ryan cooks dinner about 95% of the time. Isn't he awesome? He also wakes up the kiddos in the morning and sets out breakfast for them and packs Emmalee's lunch every morning. In terms of meal prep, I make lunch for the boys and myself, breakfast for myself and Jarom, and sometimes dinner if I'm in the mood to cook. Which is rare, remember? Yup. Scandalous huh?
7. I start many projects and don't finish them. I call myself a 90%er. I get about 90% of the way done with a project and can't seem to finish them, ever! I do eventually finish them, but not usually in a timely manner. Yup. Terrible. I know.
8. I feel incredibly guilty taking time during the day to go workout. I feel bad leaving Ryan with the kiddos while I spend an hour at the gym. But going and working out allows me to feel better about myself and in turn helps me be a better mama and wife.
9. Sometimes I really get frustrated that the ward has us working in such time demanding callings. Ryan is the scoutmaster and I am the primary president. Ry is gone every wednesday night and several weekends for campouts and mutual and meetings and I am constantly spending time working on primary things and feel as though I always have to be there on Sunday. I have my days when I just wish I could focus on my family more and have my family home. I do really love my calling and would honestly probably go crazy if I didn't get to work in that particular calling, and my husband does an awesome job with the scouts, but it is hard to find the balance between my own little family and our church responsibilities sometimes. I guess honestly I find it hard to believe that members complain about taking on simple callings, let alone bigger ones. But I'm willing to serve because I know we are where we need to be right now.
10. The thought of having more kids in the future is a frightening one to me a lot of the time. I do want to have one or two more kids, but I feel totally overwhelmed with the three I have A LOT. I have a hard time being patient with my whiny daughter and my 2 active little boys. The more kids I have equals more work I have to do (dishes, laundry, etc.) and the smaller my house and my monthly budget gets. We do want another baby in the very near future, but I must admit that it is a constant stress and debate for me.

Yup. SO there you go. Keeping it real! Whew! Oh I almost forgot! Here's my "righteous double chin" pic! YAY!

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Wahoo!!! More members in the real mom club! I hear ya on the callings. I want to serve, but sometimes it is distressing. Glad someone else feels the same! I wish I had the problem of cleaning constantly. he he!

Jeigh said...

Yay, Heather! I love your double chin picture. I think it's really funny that we all have them hidden away in our picture files. I never thought mine would see the light of day! I'm going to add you to my blog list, ok?

The Lennons said...

:) That was cute! You should give yourself more credit you busy mama! If it makes you feel any better, Hadlee still has a milk bottle at night too (almost 23 months) but we too, nipped the binki at 8 months!