Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My goal

I set a goal for myself during the middle of january this year. Not so much a new year's resolution, just a goal. I wanted to see if I could actually follow through with it and make a positive change in my life. I would really like to have another healthy baby in the near future and since my last pregnancy didn't quite go as planned (got pre-eclampsia with Jarom) I want to make sure that the next one goes okay since you have a higher risk of getting pre-eclampsia again in following pregnancies. So I decided to take a stand on my weight. For some reason the last year I put on 20 extra pounds. I figure it probably has something to do with that late 20's metabolism shift, but it put me over a weight I never wanted to be at, and I decided I wasn't gonna take that sitting down! My goal is to lose that 20 pounds before I get pregnant again. And if I can take off some more past that-- that would be great too! So I started going and working out while the kiddos had swim lessons at the rec center. I started off running half a mile, walking half a mile, and then doing 20 minutes on the eliptical. I got in the great habit of going 4-5 times a week.The first week I started doing this, that workout literally pushed me. But I decided to slowly push myself and keep going. I'm now on week 11. For my workout now I run 1.3 miles plus a warm up and cool down lap, and I do 30 minutes on the eliptical. The last few weeks however I have fallen to only 3 or 4 days a week. I pushed myself every week to up how many laps I would run, moving up about a 1oth of a mile every couple of weeks. It feels great to go run and that I am able to pound out that 1.3 miles just like that! I have such a hard time actually getting up and going to go workout but once I am there it is just awesome! Why is it so hard to start things and keep going? So far, I have bounced a little on the scale, but have definitively lost an actual ten pounds. It's frustrating to see shows like the biggest loser and hear of other people dropping weight like crazy really fast, and only see that 10 pounds in 11 weeks, but I reassure myself that a 1 pound per week average is still quite healthy and respectable. I'm just one of those people who wants results instantaneously and it is frustrating to not see a huge difference when I've been working so hard. But I'm resolving to finish this and get down to a better weight and get healthier for my next baby. Half way there! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

The Lennons said...

Good Job! I always think about exercising, but can't get myself motivated...About the biggest loser thing, don't forget they are a few HUNDRED pounds heavier than you! You're doing great!