Beardall Family 2012
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Being Constructive in Construction
For the last three weeks, we have heard nothing but the lovely sound of a truck backing up. ALL THE TIME. Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Are you annoyed yet? I sure am. They are currently tearing up the entire lot behind us. Yep. They spent two weeks on the hill by our house closing off either street at will, and I have spent the last two weeks playing "which street is open". I tolerated it just fine until one day I went up the hill that was open to take the kiddos to school and TEN MINUTES LATER I came back the same way only to find they had closed it. ARGHHHHHH!!!! And no, not just street over detour, you have to go ALL the way around to THE OTHER HILL to get down to my house. Yep.
They are putting in a new sewer system under the lot behind us. Lucky us. But there have been some upsides to our chaos behind us. The man who owns the lot behind us decided to put in a privacy fence. Which means that *WE* get a privacy fence behind us! YAY! we already have a chain link fence, but this is going to give us even more curb appeal and privacy in our yard, so yay! I'm trying to see the positive. Anyway. So this week they have begun to dig in the lot behind us and have been digging large trenches and putting in pipe and filling it in. I figure I can either be a pill about it or just make it fun and tolerable, so I decided that I would have some fun with it. So after school today I told the kids that I had a special surprise for them and that they needed to come out back to see it. They were SOOO excited. Emmalee couldn't quit exclaiming that she'd NEVER been that close to big diggers like that before! They spent 20 minutes just staring in wonder at the big machines and the big holes they were making, shreiking with excitement when it would dump dirt and pick up big objects. Blake was even inspired to dig in his sandbox with his toys. It turned out great. They wanted me to take their picture in front of it and everything.
And I must admit, it was pretty cool to watch the big machines do what they do. But here's to hoping they're done soon! Gotta love construction!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great post! Loved it!
Post a Comment