Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Har Har Heather!

I've been doing some thinking, and I really think that I should become a comedian. Yep. Did that make you laugh? If so, that's good, 'cuz I'm TOTALLY serious! I think that if I could pick any dream job, that would be it. To be terribly funny and make people laugh all the time. So fun. I think it's basically the only occupation in the world where if you caused someone to pee their pants you've really aced your job. Only problem is I need to have some material that makes people laugh. Oh yeah, and a little timing. That might help. And there's that whole rejection thing that goes with it too. Hey, my sisters thought I was hilarious growing up! Doesn't that count for something? I was never the class clown in school, but hey, I think I could of been. It's my inner personality you know. I do have a problem though. Every time I TRY to be funny, I'm not. And every time I don't try to be funny I AM. Go figure. Which of course would suggest that if I just never tried to be funny I'd be hilarious right? Right! Did any one else picture 3 mice from G-force? It's amazing how having kids makes you think in disney movies. Grr... I got Ryan a subscription to Sirius Radio for Christmas. I live in Cody Wyoming. Where there's a 2 day a week newspaper, and radio stations that are "translated" from other places except for the one station in town that has the morning talk show that's really just not funny and that plays a "new" one from Kelly Clarkson that she put out 7 years ago. Yep. But I totally love this new radio. And my favorite channel on it is--- you guessed it--- the comedy channel. 105 laugh USA. There's some dumb stuff on there, but man there's some that is just HILARIOUS! I could totally just sit in the truck for no reason and listen to it. Gotta love the classics too. If you never seen Bill Cosby, Himself, you're missing out. Frank Caliendo is "all over the place", Brian Regan is pretty funny and man I LOVE that Last Comic Standing! I look forward to summer just because I can get my comedic fix. I seriously think it's a talent. There's so many different styles and ways of delivery out there, you can be as unique or generic as you want and still pull it off somehow. Wish I could figure out how to do it. Seems people pull from generic experiences, something people can relate to and jab off of it. Sounds easy, but man it's just sort of not. Anyone knows the secret so I can jump into this career let me know! :)

1 comment:

Jeigh said...

Keep a notebook, and start writing things down. Things that drive you crazy, things during the day that strike you as weird, etc, and before you know it, you'll have a whole act put together. By the way, I totally agree, Brian Regan is sooo funny. And I've seen funny Heather, and she's pretty funny, too :)