Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Friday, June 25, 2010

"Saving" the Economy

Since the economy is so tight right now, and we could all use all the help we can get, I thought it was time for a "saving" post. Who's with me? I get asked all the time where I find my good deals and so I thought I might pass on what I do and where I find my good deals, and a few I've learned from other people, and I would love it if you can pass on any tips and tricks you do too! First off, USE COUPONS!! You can get name brand stuff for cheaper than store brand. A lot. Pair up a coupon with a sale. The best stores I have found to coupon match with a sale are Albertson's and Walgreens. Albertson's will even have extra store coupons or incentives as well. Walgreens has sales sometimes where you can earn rewards, which are basically like cash you can use the next time you go. Browse the ads. Go to websites for coupons. Sites I check out all the time: Coupons.com, Ebay, couponhunter, pinchingyourpennies, couponcravings-- there are a TON of sites! Grab coupons from magazines (My fave-- ALLYOU, they have a TON!), grab them from the shelves at the store. Print them and use them! If you can't use one--share or trade someone! Maybe you're a Huggies mama and someone else is a Pampers mom, hook up and trade off! It adds up. I have friends who are InCREDIBLE at this. THey are coupon divas. There is a whole system to it that is legal and saves you a ton, but it does take time and planning. Second, don't buy things you don't need JUST because they are on sale. 'Cuz if you didn't need it, you just wasted money. Third, my utmost favorite and my specialty**** CLEARANCE!!!!!! Check out the clearance aisles! I browse through these aisles all the time. A quick glance can really save you on something sometimes. But knowing when to hit clearance is also a good way to score a good deal. At Walmart and most other stores, the day and next week after a holiday all their holiday items are on sale usually at 50% off. But here's the kicker. If you wait another week, they will mark everything down 75% or MORE. Buy stuff when it's not in season on clearance. Pick up a coat in March or April, and it'll be cheap. If you wait until the end of summer to buy that playset or trampoline, it will be marked down. Try and buy kids clothes and shoes before you need them or if you find a sale, buy the next size up as well. And 4th, know where to buy the right stuff. I hardly EVER buy paper products or diapers and that sort of thing at Albertson's. Every once in a blue moon they will have a good sale and it will be worth it to pick up a few items, but for the most part, I grab my diapers, wipes, laundry detergent, and paper products at Walmart or Kmart. Walgreens has good prices on medicine, and comparable prices on personal products as well. Family dollar is where I grab my kids pajamas and summer outfits. They have killer deals a lot there, and make sure you don't miss THEIR clearance. They have inexpensive shoes there as well, and they have some fun decorative items for cheaper than Walmart or Kmart. I grab my kids shoes at Kmart all the time though. They have sales going on constantly on them, and occasionally they have BOGO deals (Buy one, get one). Same with Payless Shoe Store. I get my boys nice church outfits at either Sears or JCPenney. Both stores will have 40% off sales and you can pick up an outfit (shirt, pants, and vest and tie) for like $18 or less. Penney's will also have good sales on quality clothes for kids, they have 40% sales and if you get on their mailing list, you can get awesome coupons as well. I check out my local dollar store for posterboard and kitchen items like cheese graters and spoons and spatulas. Goody bag items are also easy to find there. I usually buy my groceries at Albertson's, but I switch between Walmart and Albertson's on things like cheese and cereal and milk--whichever is cheaper at the time. Anyway. I have more I could share, but I'm pretty sure I'm just telling you what you already know, so I thought it might be fun to just post what I do, and see if there are other mamas out there that are as crazy as me! Have fun! Go "save" the economy! Hee hee.....

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love couponing! It has become a hobby. Our local newspaper has a coupon lady deal where I get the paper throughout the week, then 4 extras on Sunday. I have been able to stock up that way. Also, you can use a store coupon AND a manufacturer coupon on the same purchase. Do you follow the krazy coupon lady?