Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello?


Phone, why oh why do I hate you so much? I really don't mind talking to people. I'm not a hermit. I like to talk. Why oh why do I hate the phone? I REALLY hate calling people. Like REALLY. I get so nervous if I have to call someone to remind them about something for Relief Society. I chew off all my nails before I call someone to ask anyone to borrow something. I put phone calls off 'til the very last minute I can. I stress about them until I get them done. I even have a hard time calling my fam 'cuz I never know exactly when they're working. Excuses, excuses, I know! Is there some sort of medical condition for this phone disease, 'cuz if there is, I swear I have it. It's so weird though, because once I'm actually on the phone I'm usually okay. And if the anwering machine picks up? Even better. Whoo! I'm not afraid to answer the phone. I don't mind when people call me. What in the world? I'm just weird. There you have it. After having to call 15 people this morning to cancel a Relief Society activity (took half an hour of build-up-you-can-do-this pushing myself, but I eventually did it), I decided to check the good old web to see if anyone else has this problem. Turns out I'm not alone. Which is fairly reassuring. But sheesh! There you have it, my biggest weakness laid out in full. Technically there's not a set name for it, but phone phobia is basically a shootoff of social anxiety disorder. Great. Interesting to know. I knew I was a little awkward, but I'm not that bad am I? Probably. SO in case you're wondering why I don't return your calls or call very often, that's me in a nutshell!

1 comment:

The Lennons said...

I am the EXACT SAME WAY!!! I would much rather Facebook or text or email than call someone! I, too, LOVE answering machines :) You are not alone, and I'm glad I'm not either!