Dear Weather:
You really stink today. Do you need a bath? When was the last time you threw on some deodorant? Take care of that sometime this week, today preferrably.
Holding my nose but not my breath,
Heather
Dear Winter:
I really really hate you somedays. Some days more than others. You really make me mad when you flaunt your power. You're such a showoff, throwing around all that snow and wind sometimes. And man you can just be so cold. You're quite cruel you know, making me think that you were done showing off for a while. You just couldn't resist could you? I know that you really hate seeing any skin showing at all. It must be a horrible sight to you or something, because you really enforce your opinion on that one. Do you think it's funny that you make my kids all confused? Is it hilarious for you to watch us peek out the window and have to check and see what you've done before we can venture outside for the day? You must really hate a clean house as well. I think you always win on that one. At the same time though, even though I can't stand you, I still like you every once in a while. I can't stop thinking about you. My kids really like it when you show off. They think it's cool to watch you throw down snow. You are their excuse to wear boots. Ryan likes it when you validate his passion for ice fishing and snowmobiling. Me, well, I do like it when you add a little sparkle to Christmas, but you're still just a little too greedy. You really hog the months, you know? If you could just quit being such a month hog I might like you a little more. And if you could save me some money on my heating bill, it really would be appreciated. Something to consider. Hoping you don't stay too long. Have fun while you're here.
Wiping off 3 inches of snow in March
Hagged Heather
Dear Spring:
Why oh why are you such a tease? It must be in your nature. Hee hee.. Get it? Nature? Yes, I'm a dork. I really do like you, you know. You're so balanced. And a breath of fresh air. You touch everyone you meet. You leave a little bit of glimmer of hope for people. You make everything come to life. You're a good transitioner. Really! And you are WAY more handsome than winter, I'm serious! You're more colorful. You have a more vibrant personality. I must say though, you're a little bipolar. Have you ever considered seeing someone about that? Just sayin'... I know everyone has their bad days, but really, you need to lighten up sometimes. Just a suggestion. Stay a while, make yourself comfortable and happy, and move out of the way when summer comes to town okay?
Torn between liking you and hating you,
The Spring Chicken
Dear Summer:
Why on earth do you let Winter and Spring step all over you? You're important too! You have so many better qualities than them! I like you better. They should be jealous. You're so warm. You're much more relaxing. You respect my priorities. You're such a great friend. You really understand that I just need you to come around to get things done. Man, I wouldn't accomplish half the projects I have without you. You do have your faults though. You really need to warm up the water a little more here. I just really enjoy a luke warm soak, not a freezing one. I want to spend time with you, not avoiding you you know! And you really need to not let those clouds push you around. You can stand up for yourself you know! But don't get yourself too worked up okay? If you could just keep your boiling point down just a hair, maybe about 85 or 90? You'd really be helping me out with my cooling costs. And save Ryan the hassle of installing our air conditioner. But really, if you want to let off a little steam, that's okay by me, Ryan can go ahead and install that sucker. Hey, could you try and keep away fall and winter just a bit this year? I need to get outside and run around, get a little more exercise. Stay until at least September okay? I really like it when you stick around for my birthday. It's such a nice thing to do. You just make me feel better. Thanks.
Wishing you could stay all year long,
Content Heather
Dear Fall:
I know we share the same birthday and all, so I think you'll understand that I do have a special place for you in my heart. I like how you aren't afraid of change and you really embrace it. One of your better qualities. You really make me work though you know? It's hard work to rake up leaves, especially in the wind. If you could just cut the wind it would help. Thanks for being sensitive to my heating/cooling budget. It really helps that time of year. Could you do me a favor though? Could you try and stay until December this year? I'm really not wanting to see Winter just yet. We're having issues right now. Thanks!
Your birthday Twin,
Autumn
No comments:
Post a Comment