Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mark My Words

I've tried really hard not to be political in any way shape or form on here. I really wanted to give Obama a chance to redeem himself, and try his way to fix things. But I'm not stupid. I'm not ignorant. I try to keep an open mind. I try to see things from both sides. I'm trying really hard not to be judgemental. But the democratic congress just threw America under a bus. They passed the health care reform bill. Which of course Obama has adamantly proclaimed he will sign. Today is a sad, sad day.
The congress just made killing babies government approved and paid for.
They shot down social security benefits, like those my father lives on. They just sent a rebounding economy back into the toilet. And they went against the American people, the very people they represent. How can you pass a bill when the majority of Americans oppose it? How can you be herded like cattle into your own little corner. Stand up for what you believe in and for what your people you represent believe in. This is America, not a dictatorship. Don't be threatened into doing something. Be bold, be unafraid, be strong.
I'm not saying that health care reform is not needed. (DID YOU READ MY LAST POST???)Anyone who has ever dealt with the rising costs of medical care and any insurance company knows that the current system is more than a little screwed up. But this was NOT the way to do it. Not to mention that making Americans forcibly buy health insurance or be taxed if you don't is completely unconstitutional.
I am angry. My hands are tied and I am angry. I am frustrated and I feel let down by the leaders of this country. I don't know what to do. I really don't think there is anything that I CAN do. Except express my opinion. Educate people. Encourage people to research and vote accordingly.
Don't forget to vote please.
Let your representatives know how you feel about issues.
Don't do nothing. Doing nothing is still making a choice.

No comments: