You may have noticed my new blinkie. Or probably not. But since you--er, um-- brought it up, I've decided to start training again. Last year I did a sprint triathalon here in Cody. It was a lot of fun, it was really hard, and it was pretty motivating to get back into shape enough to be able to compete in it. So I've decided to go for it again this year. And I'm starting now even though it's not until July. Because I need a good swift kick in the butt.
Let me explain. I was SOOOO in the zone last year. I was working out and pushing myself like crazy. I lost 18 hard earned pounds in about 7 months. I know that doesn't sound like much, but man to me it made a difference! I felt better, I was getting less headaches, and I had more energy. It was nice. And I was in a set routine to stay that way.
But then came September. I was just newly pregnant and set on staying pretty fit through the pregnancy. But I didn't get the chance to. I miscarried at 6 weeks. My doctor put me on limited activity for 6 weeks. I decided to get back on the wagon and get back into my groove after that though. But then I got kidney stones. I couldn't barely move for two weeks. It wasn't fun. I finally ended up having outpatient surgery for my kidney stones to remove them. That put me out ANOTHER 3 weeks. And after that, I just gave up. I went through December very unmotivated and just didn't do anything exercise-wise. And it became habit. I halfheartedly tried to get in a few little workouts in January. February was worse. And March? Well, I started out the month just piddling too. Through all my medical bouts and my piddling I gained back all but 2 pounds. So I'm trying to get motivated again. I know it's for the better, and I know that I didn't just throw all those pounds back on myself, my body was having a rough couple of months, but I'm frustrated. I feel like I just started right back where I began. For the last two weeks I've been pushing myself to make sure I get in at least a little workout every day. And as stupid as it sounds, when you say a goal or a motivation out loud, you're better at keeping it. SO that's what I'm doing. So my blinkie will stay on my blog and I'll try not to make it a liar. Wish me luck.
1 comment:
I lost 40 pounds last year...and gosh dangit I have put every single one back on. I am so mad at myself. Thanks for giving me a little push in the right direction. You go girl!!!!
Post a Comment