Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

10 Things that make Heather happy

Yup, I stole the idea from Riles--sorry! Couldn't resist.
Here goes! And in no particular order...
10. Showing me somehow that you were listening when I said something. I try very hard to listen to what people tell me-- their favorite things, their pet peeves, etc. and I try to do things for them that reflect that I listened to them. It gives me joy to know end when someone returns the favor. I think it also shows who really knows you well and that you care about someone.
9. The smell of a wet sidewalk after it rains. If they could bottle that smell and put it in a perfume or home scent, I'd buy it by the gallon.
8. Date Night! Yup. of course, I know, total given, but it's true! I am around my children and the unending call of my house to clean it, that I REALLy, and I mean REALLY love date night. I need to get away from my kids and have an adult conversation. Only downside is feeling like I have to get back to my kids.
7. Seeing my kids do something that *I* taught them (as long as it's something good--bad habits don't contribute to this happy feeling). I think that this falls under the same category of someone having listened to me. Hmmm...
6. The sense of touch. Yup. I love to feel things. I love textures, and I LOVE the feel of skin--so soft and smooth and just the right temperature. I can't get enough hugs and kisses from my kiddos and a really great backrub is right up my alley!
5. A sense of accomplishment. When I work really hard on something and I finish it and it is done and has made something better, there is no better feeling. There is no better high in the world of accomplishing something that you weren't sure you could do, but did anyway.
4. Coordinating and matching-- yes, I'm an even person. I love when things are symmetrical, even, and orderly. It's just me.
3. Sleep. Do I really need to explain this? Whether it's a good night's sleep, a much deserved nap or whatever, I crave it and don't want to leave it.
2. GOOD Music. I love how music can tell a story, create a feeling, and relax you. I seriously believe however, that this same thing can degrade, upset, and anger you. Hence the "good" music.
1. Photography. This medium is unlike any other. I love good photography, real photography and artistic photography. What a way to capture a moment. What other medium is as purely subjective to you. And after all, a picture can be worth a thousand words.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Woohoo for ten things! Great list Heather! I LOVE photography too! It's something I WISH I could get into, but know I don't have the time or money to do. But I still can admire others work. Thanks for sharing the list lady!