Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Last Ten Years... Is it really 2010 already?

WARNING: This post is way long, if you wish to read my novel--proceed!:)
Has it REALLY been 10 years since 2000 rolled around? Crazy. My husband Ryan and I were pondering New Years Eve over everything that has happened in the last ten years of our lives and with so much having happened it has opened a new world of possibilities for the next ten. It has been such a crazy and both wonderful and devastating ten years in different ways, but very eventful nonetheless. So I thought I'd put it out there as to everything I have done, experienced and gone through in the last 10 years-- the good and the bad. Here goes:

2000

Worked at KRIC as a news producer and DJ.
Had my own radio program on our student station at Ricks College called "Ricks Kicks".
Found out my mom had cancer when she rolled her car after falling asleep at the wheel.
Had my appendix burst and had surgery to remove it.
My mother had surgery for her brain tumor the same week.
Dated and broke up with the first guy I ever kissed.
Took a guitar class and recorded some dumb songs on a CD.
Worked as a copy editor for the award winning school newspaper The Scroll.
Graduated from Ricks College with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and Print Journalism.

2001

Went to Disneyland with my mom and my dad and my brothers and sisters.
Tranferred to ISU from Ricks College after finishing my associates degree.
Taught my roommate how to drive stick shift in my Festiva.
Met my husband for the first time at a dance at Institute.
Worked at Annie's Pizza and Subs.
Majored in Photography at ISU for a year.
Got engaged to Ryan in May.
Moved to Cody Wyoming in June in the middle of a huge snowstorm.
Worked at the Cody Enterprise as a "flyer" and "stuffer".
Went to the temple and got my endowments on July 12th.
Got married in the Idaho Falls Temple on July 14th.
Got in a fender bender (her fault) with another girl named Heather on the day that I:
Found out I was pregnant with my first baby!
Moved to Pocatello so Ryan could finish school.
Watched in horror as a plane hit the twin towers on 9-11
Worked as an On Air announcer and Play-by-play announcer (ISU volleyball!) for KISU.

2002

Went to my first Professional basketball game ever- a JAZZ game in utah.
Had my first baby! Baby girl Emmalee.
Took finals the next week.
Had Emmalee blessed the same weekend as Ry's graduation.
Moved back to Cody when Emmalee was 12 days old.
Stayed in Cody when Ryan was offered a job that fall at Cody High School.

2003

Started school again through UW outreach.
Bought our Toyota Landcruiser
Bought a Pontiac when our Bronco blew up (valve went through the piston--it's on display)
Bought our first home!
Had my wisdom teeth pulled
Became pregnant with my 2nd child!
Played nurse for three weeks to Ryan and Emmalee (nasty flu that amazingly I didn't get!)

2004

Went to school full-time and watched Emmalee at home while Ryan worked.
Officially graduated from UW with my Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences Communications.
Had my 2nd child--Baby Blake!

2005

Went back to work part time as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut.
Bought a purple Chevy.
Was put in as Primary President for Cody First Ward.

2006

Got a misdemeanor (that was later dropped) for "furnishing alcohol to minors" when I took out a beer for a server at Pizza Hut after she told me she had carded. Long story short--I was charged, the server was not. I quit my job after that one. They still haven't changed their carding policy--you'd think they would learn. Caused a ton of stress and I should have sued the company over it.
Went to Europe! Me and Ryan took 50 high school kids to Europe for a Foreign Language trip.
We went to Spain, France, Monaco, Germany, Switzerland, and drove through Austria and Italy.
Found out Ryan's dad had pancreatic cancer.
My grandfather, "J" Robert Loveland passed away.
Took a trip to Salt Lake City to visit Ryan's dad after surgery and take the kids to temple square.
My father-in-law Galen Beardall, passed away in December that year.
Found out I was pregnant with baby #3.

2007

Got an inheritance from Ryan's dad. Payed off a lot of bills. Started updating house.
Also inherited Ryan's dad's dog Otis.
Bought a 2003 Chevy Truck.
Took a trip during spring break to Disneyland with the kids. Emmalee was 4 years old, Blake was 2 and a half years old, and I was 3 months pregnant.
My mother, Robbie Ricks, passed away in March that year.
We paid for the funeral expenses with part of Ryan's inheritance. Such a blessing.
Got rid of our ugly pink carpet in the living room-- put down wood laminate ones.
Had baby boy Jarom in August!
Emmalee started kindergarten the same day!
Took Jarom to see a pediatric cardiologist the day after he was born.
Found out he has "funnel chest syndrome"-- mostly cosmetic, caved in chest.
Sent my brother Ray off on his mission.

2008

My sister Shirlee got married!
Got granite countertops in the kitchen!
Learned how to lay tile in the bathrooms.
Had several problems with our dumb Chevy. Poured thousands of dollars into it. Got rid of it.
Bought a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab. Love it.
Went to Disney World with the kiddos. Ryan had a foreign language conference in Orlando.

2009

Had a new roof put on when wind damaged the old one.
Painted the house green outside.
Our dog Otis died.
My sister Cora got married!
I trained for and completed a sprint triathalon. 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 5K.
Lost 18 pounds in 7 months.
Had my 10 year class reunion.
Found out I have DES (Dry Eye Syndrome)
Had outpatient eye procedure done--had punctal plugs put in.
Was released as Primary President, put in as RS Enrichment Leader.
Blake started kindergarten--2 kiddos in school!
Had a miscarriage in September.
Adopted a dog from my dad, Sammy.
Got kidney stones the end of November.
Had outpatient surgery for my kidney stones the first week of December.
Gained back 10 pounds.



What an eventful 10 years! Can't wait to see what the next 10 years brings.



What would I like to see in the next ten years?



One or 2 more children.

An addition to the house or a new bigger house.

All my kiddos in school.

Less debt.

Emmalee getting ready to graduate high school.

My boys working towards their Eagle Scouts.

Finished projects.

A skinnier me.

A healthier me.

A career.

Anything else life throws at me!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

I like this post alot. It's kind of fun getting a sneak peek into someone else's life and nice to see other people have trials and triumphs too. I had a miscarriage over Thanksgiving this last year too. I'm sorry you had that experience. I didn't realize how painful it was until I had gone through it myself. Here's to a better year!! Love the post Heather!