Beardall Family 2012

Beardall Family 2012

Friday, January 1, 2010

Drink Water! And lots of it...

So I really hate kidney stones. Yup. Hate. I said it. I'd so much rather have a baby. Really. I'm being totally serious. Even without pain meds. Kidney stones are NOT fun. So in case you don't want to experience them, drink lots and lots and lots and lots of water! Grrr... And even then, you might get them, who knows. Hasn't seemed to help me, and I guzzle water all day long. I've had kidney stones 3 times now, all times of which really sucked. But this one took the cake. The last week of November, I spent an entire week dying of pain, passed one stone and then got sent to the surgical center the first week of December to have the OTHER stone that wouldn't pass removed. Yup. So got to spend an entire week keeled over and the next week recovering from surgery. I seriously didn't think that I'd be that out of it for a so long from an outpatient surgery, but it ended up that way. But it worked okay. Ryan was a sweetie to me. He actually took a few days off and helped out a TON around the house. He watched kiddos, did dishes and laundry and everything. I could just not function at all so I was grateful. And I maxed out my deductible in December. Go me! Ha ha. But I'm doing better now. I got through all my december junk, and made it recovered by the time Christmas rolled on in. Crammed it all in! Time to catch up on my workouts now.... :)

3 comments:

Brianne said...

ouch, I'm so sorry!! I've had kidney problems before but never kidney stones. I hope that recovery is fast and you won't have to go through that again any time soon.

Evelyn said...

Yuck! It DOES sound like having a baby would be easier! So sorry! When I worked in the ER I remember seeing people doubled over in excrutiating pain with those booger stones. I never want to know how it feels first hand. I'll just take your word for it! ;)

The Lennons said...

I TOTALLY agree that I would rather have a baby than a stone :( I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Along with water, my Doc said to drink lemonade on a regular basis as it helps to break them down! Hope you are doing well!